2017 – 2018 COLLEGIATE WRESTLING SEASON
Shelton Wrestling Club is set to begin their wrestling season. Boys and Girls ages 5 – 12 may join the team and participate in practices and meets from October 16th to January 25th. During competition wrestlers are grouped by age, weight class, and many times by experience.
Practices will occur at Oakland Bay Junior High School in the auxiliary gym. Practice times will be Monday and Wednesday for 1st and 2nd year wrestlers from 5:30-7:00. Tuesdays and Thursdays for advanced wrestlers from 5:30-7:00
Wrestlers are expected to make practices.
- Oakland Bay Junior High auxiliary gym Oct 9, 10, 11 from 6-7pm
- Cost is $100 (discount may apply for siblings)
- Copy of child’s birth certificate (required by league rules)
- Mandatory Parent Meeting Oct 11- OBJH at 7:00
Gear and equipment:
- At practices wrestlers should wear shorts and a tee-shirt (no buttons please)
- Each wrestler will need a pair of wrestling shoes and head gear. The best prices can be found at www.suplay.com.
- This is a company in Elma that provides all types of wrestling equipment
- Wrestling team will provide singlets for competition (deposit may be required)
- Shoe exchange during registration